Re: MacPorts-2.0.3 can’t be installed on this computer.

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:43:42 PST 2012

On 2012-01-11, Kristen McQuinn <mcqu0060 at umn.edu> wrote:

> I followed the instructions to manually uninstall the files, but no files
> were found.

Which files did you try to delete? You may indeed not have some of the
files / folders that are listed.
What commands did you enter in the Terminal to attempt this deletion?

> I manually deleted the port, portindex, and portmirror files that I found
> in /opt/local/bin.
> Then I tried to install the MacPorts-2.0.3 dmg, but got the same error as
> before (must install 1.7.1 first).

Instead of deleting specific files in /opt/local, you should be
deleting /opt/local and its contents, along with the other files and
folders listed on the uninstall page.

http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448