x264transcode failing in mkvtoonix

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 11 19:00:14 PST 2012

Hi:

I've been trying to install x264transcode on my MacBook Pro (early 2011, core i7) under Mac OS X 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6.  It failed while installing the dependency mkvtoolnix complaining that some bits of boost weren't declared.  So I uninstalled boost and re-installed it from source which finished normally.  I then went back to try installing mkvtoolnix from source, ala the following:

>CT-MBP11:~ craigtreleaven$ sudo port -s install mkvtoolnix
>Password:
>--->  Computing dependencies for mkvtoolnix
>--->  Building mkvtoolnix
>Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
>Log for mkvtoolnix is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mkvtoolnix/mkvtoolnix/main.log
>Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

The relevant bit from the log for mkvtoolnix follows:

>:info:build In file included from /opt/local/include/boost/property_tree/ptree.hpp:23,
>:info:build                  from src/common/version.cpp:19:
>:info:build /opt/local/include/boost/multi_index/sequenced_index.hpp:926: error: 'boost::BOOST_FOREACH' has not been declared
>:info:build In file included from /opt/local/include/boost/property_tree/ptree.hpp:24,
>:info:build                  from src/common/version.cpp:19:
>:info:build /opt/local/include/boost/multi_index/ordered_index.hpp:1399: error: 'boost::BOOST_FOREACH' has not been declared

Is there some required variant to boost that isn't being installed?

Pointers and suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Craig
PS I can forward the original log files if that helps...