Perl 5.14 ad default, and Irssi to use it

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Jan 17 11:06:05 PST 2012

On Jan 16, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Because I was under the impression that cpan would install things to the same place that MacPorts would install them, and thus cause a conflict.

no, it won't (except for maybe may pages and stuff that goes into $prefix/bin)

MacPorts installs modules into the 'vendor' directory and cpan will install into the 'site' directory

It can be confusing to install stuff from both macports and cpan, though (and unless you care about understanding the details on how 'use Foo;' works when your script breaks, you probably want to just use MacPorts - or install your own perl+modules somewhere else).

--
Daniel J. Luke