How to run wordpress

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Jan 22 16:47:36 PST 2012

On 23/01/2012, at 8:35 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> Configuring Wordpress needs the setup of a corresponding mysql database. This is afaik not part of macports and depends from your needs as most LAMP applications do need their own configurations - independent from any installation system / framework like macports.
>>>
>>> Take a look at the wordpress install docs and - if required - into mysql docs about how to create a database incl. database user with proper access rights to it.
>>
>> Heretical on this list, but why would you not just run a linux LAMP server
>
> Not heretical. If running Linux is better for a particular task than running OS X, do it. However, the user does not know how to configure wordpress. The answer to that is not to run Linux; the answer is to learn how to configure wordpress.

I do agree with you but for the whole issue of getting mysql to run
or using another DB that nobody else uses and you are on your own wrt any problems
and having done it once on a system that just works (and actually configuring wp is really dead easy) then doing it on OSX is going to be much easier

cheers
James