pls HELP: cannot use Macport after installation

Yemi Adebiyi aadebiyi at rsmas.miami.edu
Sat Jan 28 13:26:20 PST 2012

After i ran /sudo port -d selfupdate/ this is what I got:

Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
DEBUG: MacPorts sources location:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: Operation timed out (60)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
/SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
shell command "/usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base.tar
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs"
returned error 10
DEBUG: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: shell command failed (see
log for details)
     while executing
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options] base_updated"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error synchronizing

On 1/28/12 3:37 PM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 21:12, Yemi Adebiyi<aadebiyi at rsmas.miami.edu>  wrote:
>> I considered doing the self update using the command: sudo port selfupdate.
>> but what i had in return was this message:
>>
>> Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?
>> --->   Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
>> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error synchronizing
>> MacPorts sources: shell command failed (see log for details)
>>
>> I dont even know here the log is!
> Try running:
> sudo port -d selfupdate
>
> and paste relevant output back to the mailing list.

Adeyemi ADEBIYI            |   University of Miami
aadebiyi at rsmas.miami.edu   |   Rosentiel Sch. of Marine&  Atmos. Sci.
http://www.rsmas.miami.edu |   4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL-33149