help with trouble with pango, etc

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 13:47:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am in the process of installing a set of macport items prior to
installing a big software package on my macbook pro running lion.  I need
the following ports:
szip, gcc46, gsl, hdf5-18 +gcc46 -universal

So far I can not get either szip or gcc46 to install and the reason  seems
connected to pango?  Here is the attempt:

homelap-3:~ comerduncan$ sudo port install szip
Password:
--->  Cleaning szip
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 57 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 9 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
     pango @1.30.0 +x11
     atk @2.2.0
     gtk2 @2.24.10 +x11
     gtk2-aurora @1.5.1
     libglade2 @2.6.4
     vte @0.28.2 +python27
     geany @0.21
     poppler @0.18.4
     gcc45 @4.5.3
Error: pango: Variant no_x11 conflicts with x11
Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants
Error rebuilding pango
    while executing
"error "Error rebuilding $portname""
    (procedure "revupgrade_scanandrebuild" line 370)
    invoked from within
"revupgrade_scanandrebuild broken_port_counts $opts"
    (procedure "macports::revupgrade" line 5)
    invoked from within
"macports::revupgrade $opts"
    (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)
    invoked from within
"action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"
    (procedure "action_target" line 94)
    invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
    (procedure "process_cmd" line 95)
    invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
    set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4784)

And here is the output of trying to install gcc46:

homelap-3:~ comerduncan$ sudo port install gcc46
--->  Computing dependencies for gcc46
--->  Cleaning gcc46
[...]

Can someone please help me get past this barrier?

Your help is much appreciated.

Comer