p5.14-scalar-list-utils not "seen" during installation of

Lawrence Velázquez larry.velazquez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:47:09 PDT 2012

On Jul 2, 2012, at 9:54 a.m., Rodolfo Aramayo wrote:

> I observed that the following modules failed during installation:

> Because they could not install:
>
> p5.12-scalar-list-utils @1.230.0_3
>
> Even though the:
>
> p5.14-scalar-list-utils @1.230.0_3
>
> is installed
>
> Should this behavior be reported as bugs?

It's not really a bug. Those ports just depend on the Perl 5.12 subport and not the Perl 5.14 subport; in fact, I think most ports that require Perl modules currently depend on the 5.12 versions. Ports are not designed to accept arbitrary subports for dependencies; nor should they, since that behavior would result in unrepeatable builds.

You can keep perl5.12 around independently of perl5.14, as well as the 5.12 versions of required dependencies.

vq