What has MacPorts Installed for py27-iPython?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Jul 7 07:19:28 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Jamie Paul Griffin
<jimpaulgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I experienced a similar issue when I installed pyzor (not from Macports
> but build manually using the Macports installed python2.7) and the
> binary pyzord was installed in:
>
>     /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/pyzord
>
> You can just use a symlink to the binary into a directory in your path;
> /opt/local/bin for example.

It's probably not a good idea to put anything in /opt/local/bin
If you link it as bin/pyzord, for example, and that port later starts
linking into bin on it's own, you'll receive an activation error, and
you'll most likely have forgotten that you linked it yourself and not
understand the error. (apologies for any assumptions about your
technical memory skills)

It might be better to link into ~/local/bin or somewhere else that's
completely under your control.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448