Error on "sudo port -v upgrade outdated"

Kok-Yong Tan ktan at realityartisans.com
Mon Jul 9 06:27:25 PDT 2012

On 7/9/12 09:22, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> So noted. I haven't done anything yet. However, it seems apparent that
>> I've got to change *SOMETHING* to get MacPorts to compile...
>
> Jeremy beat me to it ! AFAIK, MacPorts should already be using gcc 4.2
> with your combination of Xcode and OSX. I don't know why its using gcc
> 4.0
>
>  - Does it do this for all ports, or just the one that fails ?
>
>  - Have you altered your macports.conf file at all ?
>
> cheers Chris

Nah, I don't fiddle with the macports.conf file.  I just issue commands
on the MacPorts level (i.e., "sudo port -v ...") and refrain from
touching any config files.  I have tried upgrading individual
ports--hoping that a "sudo port -v upgrade outdated" will take care of
all of them (including recursive upgrades) for me.