slrnface and macports

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Jul 23 09:54:59 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:50:31AM -0500, Christopher Snelling wrote:
> Basically I'm just wondering if getting slrnface to compile is
> possible with macports. I see that compface is in the packages list
> and I even installed it, however, since there is only a Makefile for
> the slrnface package and no configure file or anything, I just
> attempted to edit the Makefile.

Are you trying to write a Portfile for it or do you only want to compile
it against stuff in MacPorts?

If you're trying to write a Portfile, there already are several ports
that build software without a configure script. You might find some
examples by grepping for "use_configure no".

If you're only trying to build it, appending
CFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib" is usually
enough to build it against MacPorts.

> This *kind* of worked in that I was able to get compface from macports
> recognized, it seems to be crapping out when trying to find the Xt
> library. Now I'm no expert or anything, but I do know that libXt is
> comfortably located /usr/X11R6/lib. I guess I'm just looking to see if
> anyone has slrnface working with any terminals for OS X Lion. If not, no
> big deal, at least I've finally got slrn working on Lion because of
> macports--and that in itself is pretty awesome.

You can install the xorg-libXt port to get this.

--
Clemens Lang