CMake log needed to help find a bug

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 25 21:56:50 PDT 2012

On Jul 25, 2012, at 23:20, Ian Wadham wrote:

> On 26/07/2012, at 12:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jul 25, 2012, at 19:37, Ian Wadham wrote:
>>> AFAICS the Macports logs are deleted after a successful build.  So must I do:
>>>
>>>  sudo port uninstall  kdelibs4 @4.8.2_0
>>>  sudo port -k install  kdelibs4 @4.8.2_0
>>>
>>> ...?  And if I do, how do I find the logs?  And how do I find the logs I want amongst
>>> all the other logs?
>>
>> The command "port logfile kdelibs4" shows you where the kdelibs4 logfile is located.
>
> Thanks, Ryan.  I get the following.  That's what made me think I had to uninstall and re-install.
> Or is there some other problem on my machine?
>
> Tara:~>port logfile kdelibs4
> Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider using selfupdate
> Error: Log file not found for port in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/kde/kdelibs4
> Tara:~>port version
> Version: 2.0.4

As you already said earlier, MacPorts cleans up logs of successful builds. If you want the logfile, rebuild with -k or set keeplogs to yes in macports.conf and then rebuild normally. You may also need to use the -s flag to actually build on your machine instead of looking for a binary on our server.