Possible problem with gettext

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Wed Jun 6 01:55:44 PDT 2012

I'm trying to build LyX from the master branch from its git repository (not a Macports build per se) but I am using some Macports libraries as the build process sees fit.

I am seeing the link stage fail like this:

  "_iconv_open", referenced from:
      __nl_find_msg in libintl.a(dcigettext.o)
  "_iconv", referenced from:
      __nl_find_msg in libintl.a(dcigettext.o)

I did this:

MBPro:lyx jb$ nm /opt/local/lib/libintl.a | grep iconv
nm: no name list
nm: no name list
nm: no name list
               U _libiconv
               U _libiconv_open
               U _libiconv_set_relocation_prefix

but I'm not sure how to interpret the results. Is there a problem in gettext?

Jerry