Pyrex not found

Daniel Ericsson deric at macports.org
Wed Jun 6 04:23:09 PDT 2012

On 6 jun 2012, at 00:10, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

> I just installed py26-pyrex.  The contents includes  /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/pyrexc
> However, if I try to run it directly this is not found.  I am trying to install a python library that requires it, but that library is also not finding it.  So if I try to do: python setup.py install, I get:
> sh: pyrexc: command not found
>
> I just confirmed that python26 is active.  Is there something else odd about the pyrex port in terms of the path?

When you say "directly". Do you mean:
$ /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/pyrexc

or:
$ pyrexc

?

If the latter you need to add /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/ to your path or symlink /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/current/bin/pyrexc into /opt/local/bin/pyrexc (and have /opt/local/bin in your PATH). If you use "Current" instead of "2.6" in the path to pyrexc, installing pyrex for a different version of python you can keep your PATH or symlink intact and use "port select python ...".

1. change PATH in bash/zsh:
`export PATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/:$PATH`

OR

1. symlink pyrexc into /opt/local/bin/
`ln -s /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/pyrexc /opt/local/bin/pyrexc`

2. check if /opt/local/bin is in your PATH with:
`env | grep PATH` -- should give a ':'-separated list of paths.

-- Daniel