libphp5.so not generated?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jun 8 07:42:00 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything.

I have just been through re-installing all my Macports stuff according
to the notes in https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

Amongst others, my installation list includes apache2 and php53. It
seems like everything went fine except that I can't find any
"libphp5.so" file anywhere in /opt/local/.

When I installed PHP 5.3 I just used:

sudo port install php53

with no "+apache2" variant because it didn't appear in the list when doing:

port variants php53

Later on I tried something like:

sudo port install -f php53 +apache2

but to no avail. Did I really screw it up or did I just miss something?
Any hope of saving the day?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Francois Suter