circular dependency cyrus-sasl2 - kerberos5 - gnupg - openldap

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jun 9 14:38:54 PDT 2012

On Jun 9, 2012, at 11:03, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> This makes a certain twisted sense, but makes installing any of these difficult.
>
>     pyanfar:10125 Z$ port rdeps cyrus-sasl2
>     The following ports are dependencies of cyrus-sasl2 @2.1.25_0+kerberos:
>       openssl
>         zlib
>       kerberos5
>         gnupg
>           libiconv
>             gperf
>           gettext
>             ncurses
>             expat
>           readline
>           bzip2
>           libusb-compat
>             pkgconfig
>               glib2
>                 xz
>                 libffi
>                 libxml2
>                 perl5
>                   perl5.12
>                     gdbm
>             libusb
>           openldap
>             tcp_wrappers
>             cyrus-sasl2                    *****
>             db46
>             icu
>     pyanfar:10126 Z$

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34786

I caused this by adding the kerberos5 dependency to cyrus-sasl2:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94003

But just removing that dependency is not enough, because cyrus-sasl2 does opportunistically link with kerberos5 if it is there. I would appreciate it if someone else can take a look at the ticket, make a decision about what the best fix is, and provide a patch or commit a fix.