circular dependency cyrus-sasl2 - kerberos5 - gnupg - openldap

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sat Jun 9 14:44:31 PDT 2012

On Jun 9, 2012, at 5:38 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34786
>
> I caused this by adding the kerberos5 dependency to cyrus-sasl2:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/94003
>
> But just removing that dependency is not enough, because cyrus-sasl2 does opportunistically link with kerberos5 if it is there. I would appreciate it if someone else can take a look at the ticket, make a decision about what the best fix is, and provide a patch or commit a fix.

We had previously put some kerberos libs (the heimdal port IIRC) into a directory that wouldn't normally get searched to work around a similar problem with other ports (where they would pick up the installed ports libs).

We should probably revert the change that caused the dependency loop right away (if you haven't already) and then fix cyrus-sasl to not opportunistically link with the kerberos libs.

--
Daniel J. Luke