php53-pear incorrectly depends upon php5?

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Tue Jun 12 17:09:30 PDT 2012

On Jun 12, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Marc W. wrote:

> I'm attempting to migrate from php5-* ports to php53-* ones, but when
> I try to install php53-pear, it installs php5. Looking at its
> dependencies, it appears it should depend upon php53, not php5:
>
> $ port deps php53-pear
> Full Name: php53-pear @20110901_3
> Library Dependencies: php5
>
> Same with php54-pear:
>
> $ port deps php54-pear
> Full Name: php54-pear @20110901_3
> Library Dependencies: php5
>
> Thoughts?

I just committed an update to all the pear-* packages and they should now not dependent on any php.

The tree ports that are dependent on MacPorts php ports are php5-pear, php53-pear and php54-pear. These ports only install some configuration files that automatically add the prefix/lib/php/pear path to php's include path. You could use all the pear-* ports without the php5-pear, php53-pear and php54-pear ports by adding the path to the pear libs in by other means. These ports are for convenience.

The pear ports could easily be used with Apples php.

The pear-install-phar port relies on Apples /usr/bin/php to install the pear packages. I'm hoping this works well but I have not been able to test this on any system other then Snow Leopard.

Feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)