FTP and WordPress in mac ports environment

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 14 11:28:20 PDT 2012

On 2012-06-14 19:54, Érico wrote:
> And my environment is the following :
>
> apache2 @2.2.22_2+preforkmpm (active)
> php5 @5.3.12_0+apache2 (active)
> wordpress @3.2.1_0 (active)
>
> Do I need to set something for SSH on it ?
>
> As I said nothing works with FTP ... I mean , plugin install, plugin updates,
> themes install, wordpress upgrade , etc ...

I don't think you are running a FTP server, are you? At least you did not
mention which FTP server you would be using or how you configured it...

However, I guess you don't want to operate a FTP server at all and rather should
set the FS_METHOD in your wp-config.php to 'direct'. This selects a mode in
which files are manipulated directly without relying on a FTP connection.

Rainer