stymied again on port dependent on texlive: lcdf-typetools

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:40:39 PDT 2012

I want to install the port of lcdf-typetools. It depends on
texlive-bin. And texlive-bin in turn depends on texlive-common.

I do _not_ want to use macports to install any components of texlive
whatsoever, as I already have a complete, working installation of
texlive on my OS X Mac via the MacTeX 2011 distribution.

Two questions:

(1) Exactly what do I need to change in the lcdf-typetools portfile to
delete the dependency?  The relevant portion is:

   default_variants +texlive

   variant texlive conflicts ptex description {Link against TeXLive's
                                               libkpathsea} {
     depends_lib-append port:texlive-bin
     configure.args-delete --without-kpathsea
     configure.args-append --with-kpathsea=${prefix}
}

Do I merely delete the line "depends_lib-append..."? And then what do
the following two lines there do?

(2) What, exactly, if anything, do I need to do, if anything, to tell
macports, in macports.conf, where my installation of texlive is?

My $PATH already includes the location of texlive binaries, namely:

   /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-darwin

Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912