valgrind configure error on Lion

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Jun 27 00:26:54 PDT 2012

On 06/27/12 05:30, Wu Degang wrote:
> :info:configure checking for a supported version of gcc... no (2.1)
> :info:configure configure: error: please use gcc >= 3.0 or clang >= 2.9

This is probably broken since this changeset:
  http://trac.macports.org/changeset/92175

The problem was fixed before by the compiler selection. The valgrind
configure script checks $CC --version and fails if it detects clang with
a version number below 2.9. Apple did use an arbitrary version number
there that does not have anything to do with the clang or llvm version
it is based on.

The attached patch might fix this, feedback would be welcome. As I don't
have access to a system with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard anymore, I am unable
to test this.

Rainer