ssh-copy-id in openssh-Portfile-variant-ssh-copy-id.patch

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 2 14:53:14 PST 2012

On Mar 2, 2012, at 14:00, LLLActive at GMX.Net wrote:

> I'm new to the List. I just installed MacPorts. I am looking for the ssh-copy-id script in OS X 10.7.3. The installation with:
>
> |$ sudo bash -c "cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.mindrot.org:/cvs \
> get -p openssh/contrib/ssh-copy-id>  /usr/local/bin/ssh-copy-id"
> $ sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/ssh-copy-id|
>
> The installation works, but when using it I get errors:
>
> ssh-copy-id -i /Users/mac/.ssh/id-dsa/id_dsa.pub usr at server.com
>
> I get:
> usr/local/bin/ssh-copy-id: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> /usr/local/bin/ssh-copy-id: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
>
> So I gathered that there is something wrong with the script.

You received an HTML file instead of the intended script. Perhaps you downloaded from the wrong location, or there was a problem with the server.

> That is why I tried it with MacPorts. It does not exist with:
>
> sudo port install ssh-copy-id
> Error: Port ssh-copy-id not found
>
> All I can find is:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27049
>
> How can install this patch?

sudo port install openssl +ssh_copy_id

It is unclear to me why we've hidden this script inside a variant -- why the openssl port doesn't install it all the time -- but that's how it currently is. I'm Cc'ing the maintainer of openssl and the person who fixed #27049 to answer this question.