py27-game; installation looks clean, but library not found

Lynn Oliver raycores at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:32:44 PST 2012

I didn't necessarily mean that MacPorts installed those three files, just that they were the only ones I found.  Sorry for the confusion.

It appears that you correctly identified the problem:

My current Python installation is in System/Library/Frameworks/Python.Frameworks.  The alias is, as you suggested, in /user/local/bin/python.

MacPorts has installed another copy of Python in /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.Framework.  If I execute  /opt/local/bin/python2.7 it starts the version installed by MacPorts, and it indeed does find pygame.

So how do I proceed from here?  Do I have any option other than trying to recreate my current build environment in /opt/local?

Thanks,
Lynn