py27-game; installation looks clean, but library not found

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:53:22 PST 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 01:32, Lynn Oliver <raycores at gmail.com> wrote:

> My current Python installation is in
> System/Library/Frameworks/Python.Frameworks.  The alias is, as you
> suggested, in

/user/local/bin/python.

Ugh.  /usr/local causes all sorts of problems for MacPorts (and Fink and
Homebrew, for that matter).  http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs

> MacPorts has installed another copy of Python in
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.Framework.  If I execute
>  /opt/local/bin/python2.7 it starts the version installed by MacPorts, and
> it indeed does find pygame.
>
> So how do I proceed from here?  Do I have any option other than trying to
> recreate my current build environment in /opt/local?

That's pretty much it; anything else will result in at best inconsistency
and at worst stuff failing to run because it's mixing up dylibs from
incompatible installs.