py27-game; installation looks clean, but library not found

Lynn Oliver raycores at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:38:17 PST 2012

Why "install pygame +portmidi" instead of "py27-game +portmidi"?

I went ahead and ran "sudo port install py-game +portmidi", and it installed python24, py24-nose, py24-distribute, py24-numpy, py24-game, py, and py-game.  I uninstalled those and ran "sudo port install py27-game +portmidi".

Whether I needed the extra step or not, it appears to be working now, and many thanks for the help.

Lynn