Xcode 4.3: Apparently Persistent License Agreement

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Mar 4 13:19:54 PST 2012

On 2012-03-04 21:43 , Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> I notice that with the upgrade to macports 2.0.4, there is now a
> proper home for the macports user. But still, I am getting the
> dreaded error message. Worse, I seem to be unable to to get rid of
> it. I have tried "sudo -u macports xcodebuild" (as root), it does ask
> me to accept the license agreement, and I do, but nothing changes in
> ~macports/Library/Preferences/ (which remains empty). I tried adding
> the -H flag to no avail.
>
> So what is the trick required to have the macports user "accept" the
> XCode license agreement?

MacPorts 2.0.4 just copies the agreement to the license from the home
directory of the user executing the command. There should not be
anything special required once you accepted the license (either by
running Xcode.app or xcodebuild), which is stored in
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist.

Rainer