Xcode 4.3: Apparently Persistent License Agreement

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Mar 4 12:43:00 PST 2012

[Anthony Michael Agelastos <iqgrande at gmail.com> (2012-02-18 16:22:05
UTC)]

> On Feb 18, 2012, at 5:45 AM, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:
>
> > unfortunately this doesn't work, probably because the license
> agreement is stored in the home directory of the user (which is
> /var/empty for macports user)
>
> For situations such as this, could/should a $HOME be created for
> macports user within /opt/local, e.g. /opt/local/home? I am not
> familiar with how MacPorts handles its builds behind the scenes,
> but all of the files within /opt/local are owned by root user and
> admin or wheel groups. So, does macports user do a chown on the
> data, or is root (through sudo typically) the one doing the
> building? If root is doing the building, should root be the one
> with the license agreement?
>
> Also, from what I can tell, and I could easily be wrong, this
> license agreement verification is stored within
> $HOME/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist.

I notice that with the upgrade to macports 2.0.4, there is now a
proper home for the macports user. But still, I am getting the
dreaded error message. Worse, I seem to be unable to to get rid of
it. I have tried "sudo -u macports xcodebuild" (as root), it does ask
me to accept the license agreement, and I do, but nothing changes in
~macports/Library/Preferences/ (which remains empty). I tried adding
the -H flag to no avail.

So what is the trick required to have the macports user "accept" the
XCode license agreement?

- Harald