upgrade Xcode to 4.3 with MacPorts 2.0.4

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Mar 4 13:25:20 PST 2012

On 2012-03-04 22:00 , Murray Eisenberg wrote:
> xcode-select -version gives "xcode-select version 2003."
>
> Is that the trouble: I still have the Xcode command-line utilities left
> from Xcode 4.2? And if so, how to get rid of them (so that I can
> replace them with the current versions)?

Apparently, the new version of /usr/bin/xcode-select comes with the Mac
OS X 10.7.3 update. Unfortunately, if you first install Mac OS X 10.7.3
and after that install Xcode 4.2, you get the old version.

The solution would be to install the 10.7.3 update once again in order
to get the new version of xcode-select. Here is the download:
  http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484

I am going to add this to the ProblemHotlist.

Rainer