py27-game; installation looks clean, but library not found

Lawrence Velázquez larry.velazquez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:31:13 PST 2012

On Mar 4, 2012, at 4:44 p.m., Lynn Oliver wrote:

> I'm stuck setting up the new build environment.
>
> I need scikits.samplerate, but MacPorts doesn't list that package.  I can install it using pip, but I can't figure out how to force it to install in the proper place.

Are you using MacPorts' pip?

> BTW, is /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages the correct place for it?

Yup. You shouldn't have to worry about this. If you are using one of MacPorts' pip ports, things will be installed in the right place.

    $ port search --name --regex 'pip$'

Last time I checked, the ports appended version numbers to the executable. So you'd be running "pip-2.7" or something similar.

vq