trouble installing gnudatalanguage

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 13 00:30:21 PDT 2012

On Mar 13, 2012, at 00:29, Matthew Becker wrote:

> I am having trouble installing GDL, the gnudatalanguage port.  I attempted to install it with both the default c/c++ complier and also the apple-gcc42 compiler.  I have attached the install log.  It says at the end "error Cannot run c++ compiled programs".
>
> Cheers,
> Matt
> <config.log>

You've named this file "config.log" but it's actually a main.log. And it says:

:info:configure checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_gnudatalanguage/gnudatalanguage/work/gdl-0.9.2':
:info:configure configure: error: cannot run C++ compiled programs.
:info:configure If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
:info:configure See `config.log' for more details

We need to see the actual config.log please.