Xcode appears to be installed but xcodebuild is unusable; some ports will likely fail to build.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 15 15:51:22 PDT 2012

On Mar 15, 2012, at 06:20, Michael Parchet wrote:

> I would like to update maport for 2.0.3 to 2.0.4. When I try to update all package, I get an error.
>
> For more information, please see this ticket :
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33431

No, that ticket is about a problem building libplist with clang; your problem is unrelated to that problem which is why I asked you to post on the mailing list to discuss it instead of writing in that ticket.

Your error is: "Warning: Xcode appears to be installed but xcodebuild is unusable; some ports will likely fail to build."

Sounds like you haven't installed or set up Xcode properly. Have you read:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xcode43