gcc4.5 doesn't build on 10.7.3 for me

Russell Jones russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 15 04:27:33 PDT 2012

Is anyone else having this problem? The ticket below would suggest so, though it may be a different problem from mine.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/30306

 It's suggested that one build with clang rather than llvm-gcc42, but it's not explained how to ask MacPorts to do that. I guess one could port select one, but shouldn't it be set by the Portfile? Or is there some other way?

I'd look at the log, but I've cleaned the build remnants and MacPorts is building something else just now.

Russell