Installer hangs... it's been a bad day.

Glen Henshaw glen at toadhill.net
Mon Mar 19 18:48:05 PDT 2012

> Sounds like you had an old (very old) MacPorts installation that needed
> to be updated, so it was dutifully doing that.

No, not true - I update at least every few weeks. This morning it did
install a newer version of MacPorts, but I was only one version behind.
It *is* true that I've been using MacPorts for a long, long time,
basically since it started, but I completely reinstalled from scratch
when I updated to Snow Leopard. And my last selfupdate was less than a
month ago.

> If `du -sh /opt/local` says you've got more than a couple megabytes
> installed, things aren't actually uninstalled.

$ du -sh /opt/local
1.6M    /opt/local

Note that this is *after* most of the installer script has finished.
It's still spinning it's wheels trying to run the postflight script.
Since 1.6M is the expected size of a clean macPorts install, I'm pretty
sure there aren't any ports in there yet.

Glen

--
  Glen Henshaw
  glen at toadhill.net