What provides xcodebuild?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:17:06 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 13:11, Glen Henshaw <glen at toadhill.net> wrote:

> I appear to be digging myself a hole here. Having reinstalled both
> Xcode.app and the command line utils, xcodebuild has not reappeared. So:
> what package provides xcodebuild?

    haral:6722 Z$ pkgutil --file-info =xcodebuild | grep pkgid
    pkgid: com.apple.pkg.DeveloperToolsSystemSupportLeo
    pkgid: com.apple.pkg.update.os.10.7.3.11D50b.combo

The former is part of Xcode, the latter would be best obtained by
downloading the latest combo updater from Apple.  (Is it me or did Apple
confuse things rather badly by doing that?)

dtruss might be helpful to try to figure out why xcodebuild is hanging, btw.