FOSS cross-platform data drive encryption

bunk3m pneukom at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 12:53:25 PDT 2012

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the references.  I was reading from TrueCrypt license v3.

Your links refer to Truecrypt license 2.5.  I presume your comments are
with regard to v3 of their license.

I see that there has been some movement to review the v3 license again
by both Debian and Ubuntu.

No idea where OSI sits on this but Mandriva has repackaged it as RealCrypt.
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/RealCrypt

Granted that doesn't mean much but they (Mandriva) by using it seem to
think it is, dare I say, better or OK.

I didn't know about encfs.  Appreciate you sharing what you're going to use.

I'll look into it too.

B.