Wine is extremely slow, how do I find out why?

C D macosx12345 at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 28 02:22:33 PDT 2012

  Hello,

 Since an upgrade a few days ago, a number of programs have an usually long startup period during which they use a lot of CPU while apparently doing nothing. Affected are, among others, wine, qiv, unison, probably gimp. It happens both on Mac OS 10.6 and 10.5. A better description of the problem for wine was given by somebody else: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9886336/wine-is-extremely-slow-how-do-i-find-out-why . I suspect this is due to a common library to all the affected programs (gtk?).

 Any help welcome!