Creating a Private Mirror of MacPorts...

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Mar 29 14:22:56 PDT 2012

> I have mac users who cannot connect to the Internet.
>
> I need to create a private mirror for MacPorts for them... But, so far, I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to do that.
>
> Does anybody know where I can find documentation for that? Has anybody done it?
>
> Whee!!!
>
> -RZ
>
> p.s.  the only server I have available for a MacPorts mirror is running Linux.

You might check out `port -p mirror` to grab dist files (this might be a case where port can run natively on Linux). You can then point a web server at the folder where everything is saved.

I think you can then just have the internet-less citizens point distfiles.macports.org to your server, or add it to the list of macports_distfiles fetch mirrors:
${prefix}/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/fetch/mirror_sites.tcl