Trying to install ld64 port from source, but binaries installed instead?

Sean Farley sean.michael.farley at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:15:43 PDT 2012

> Right. We never really announced the availability of binaries, but they've been available for Snow Leopard since last year and Lion since this year.
>
> Is there a reason why you want to build ld64 from source -- is there something wrong with the binary on our server? If so, we need to know so we can fix it.

I can't speak for Tim, but I've pointed out that at the very least the
gmp binary is wrong on the macport server:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-May/019098.html

I'm not sure if ld64 is a root cause of this or not but this gmp issue
is one major wrench for distributing gcc compilers (not to mention the
missing .dSYM) files.