Qt debug

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu May 24 08:49:50 PDT 2012

Hi James - Is your qt4-mac-devel installed with the +debug vartiant?
Try "port installed qt4-mac-devel" and that should show you what
variants are installed.  If it's not installed as +debug, then there
will be very few "_debug" libraries, if any -- no supposed to be any,
but the default Qt install sometimes messed this up.  If it is installed
with +debug, then there's an issue with the installer since your listing
of /opt/local/lib/libQt* shows no "_debug" libraries.  "qt4-mac" 4.8.2
will be pushed pretty soon, once we've worked out upgrades of
dependencies a bit more -- I think it's down to Phonon and
qtscriptgenerator, but we're still testing.  Turns out moving from Qt
4.7.4 to 4.8.2 causes some issues here and there; go figure!  This new
"qt4-mac" should build correctly on 10.6 and 10.7, as debug, universal,
framework, whatever.  Hope this helps! - MLD