Qt debug (Michael Dickens)

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri May 25 19:17:55 PDT 2012

On 25/05/2012, at 10:00 PM, macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> Hi James - Is your qt4-mac-devel installed with the +debug vartiant?
> Try "port installed qt4-mac-devel" and that should show you what
> variants are installed.  If it's not installed as +debug, then there
> will be very few "_debug" libraries, if any -- no supposed to be any,
> but the default Qt install sometimes messed this up.  If it is installed
> with +debug, then there's an issue with the installer since your listing
> of /opt/local/lib/libQt* shows no "_debug" libraries.  "qt4-mac" 4.8.2
> will be pushed pretty soon, once we've worked out upgrades of
> dependencies a bit more -- I think it's down to Phonon and
> qtscriptgenerator, but we're still testing.  Turns out moving from Qt
> 4.7.4 to 4.8.2 causes some issues here and there; go figure!  This new
> "qt4-mac" should build correctly on 10.6 and 10.7, as debug, universal,
> framework, whatever.  Hope this helps! - MLD

Thanks for the info.
I did not, but now am now redoing, install a debug build.

I guess that what I was trying to discover is that I have nothing like

 CONFIG += qt debug

but the generated make file links the _debug libraries
WHY WHERE and how can I avoid that.

The qmake tutorial implies debug specified, or not_specified == release

It thus seems that the qt4_mac_devel port builds in debug mode by default and I seek to not do that.

James