deleted the software folder - PEBKAC

plik plik.brooksiel at gmx.de
Sun May 27 14:51:06 PDT 2012

Hi,

my name is George, I am not a very skilled Linux or OSX (Terminal) user,
and english is not my native language.

My OS is 10.6.8 64bit

Today I installed Macports for the subsequent installation of ARB.
Everything went really fine until I tryed to start ARB. But actually,
this is another problem. Herewith, I would like to ask for help for the
probably stupid things I did to solve the "ARB won't work" problem.

I thought "maybe it is a good idea to re-install arb with Macports".
Here is what I did:

###########
luis:~ plik$ sudo port install arb
--->  Computing dependencies for arb
--->  Cleaning arb
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 98.7%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/ARB.bundle: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
luis:~ plik$ sudo port install arb
--->  Computing dependencies for arb
--->  Cleaning arb
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 98.7%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/ARB.bundle: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
luis:~ plik$
###########

I thought "maybe it is a good idea to rm -rf the arb folder in
/opt/local/share/". I did so.

Then, I tried again to install ARB with Macports.

###########
luis:~ plik$ sudo port install arb
--->  Computing dependencies for arb
--->  Cleaning arb
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 98.7%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/ARB.bundle: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 98.9%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/libARBDB.a: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 99.0%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/libARBDBPP.a: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 99.1%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/libARBDO.a: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 99.2%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/libAW.a: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 99.3%
Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/share/arb/lib/libAWT.a: Error
opening or reading file
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  No broken files found.
luis:~ plik$

I am completley lost. I don't know what to do and also why I should this
or that.

It would be great, if someone knows an answer.

Thanks for reading this mail!

George