libproxy archive signature mismatch

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed May 30 11:59:34 PDT 2012

> I have the following.
> $ cd /opt/local/var/macports/incoming
> $ ls
> libproxy-0.4.7_0+python27.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.TMP
> verified
> libproxy-0.4.7_0+python27.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160
>
> I've tried copying the .TMP file into the verified directory without the TMP ending.  That gives the following error.
> Error: org.macports.install for port libproxy returned: tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format
> tar: ./+CONTENTS: Not found in archive
> I've also copied the rmd160 with that ending with the same results.
>
> What am I supposed to be copying?

Only the actual archive goes into verified/.  Everything else is used earlier in the archivefetch process:
 * while downloading files, suffixed with .TMP
 * .rmd160 signature file is used for verification
 * .tbz2 (default archive type) is the archive itself

> Even using
> $sudo nano /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_libproxy/libproxy/work/.macports.libproxy.state
> I cannot edit this file.  A blank file opens.  I paste the content below.  When I exit and save, nano gives an error.

It might be that the directory doesn't exist--cleaning can cause this. Try running archivefetch or install before editing the state file, then you can verify the correct directory with `port work libproxy`. You might even use it when coming up with the command for nano:
sudo nano `port work libproxy`/.macports.libproxy.state