libproxy archive signature mismatch

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 30 11:55:11 PDT 2012

On May 30, 2012, at 2:00 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> I haven't found a solution to the archive mismatch in my searching.  I've tried twice and then cleaned and tried again.  All with the same lack of result.  Other things are fetching from archive for me.  Is the only work-around to install from source?
>
> Interestingly, the files download and pass verification for me. Same setup for me.
>
> A work around is to put the archive file into the verified folder and check that the state file is complete:
> 1 place archive /opt/local/var/macports/incoming/verified/libproxy-0.4.7_0+python27.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2
I have the following.
$ cd /opt/local/var/macports/incoming
$ ls
libproxy-0.4.7_0+python27.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.TMP
verified
libproxy-0.4.7_0+python27.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160

I've tried copying the .TMP file into the verified directory without the TMP ending.  That gives the following error.
Error: org.macports.install for port libproxy returned: tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format
tar: ./+CONTENTS: Not found in archive
I've also copied the rmd160 with that ending with the same results.

What am I supposed to be copying?

> 2 edit /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_libproxy/libproxy/work/.macports.libproxy.state to have the below lines.
Even using
$sudo nano  /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_net_libproxy/libproxy/work/.macports.libproxy.state
I cannot edit this file.  A blank file opens.  I paste the content below.  When I exit and save, nano gives an error.