Universal netcdf-fortran

Julien Salort lists at juliensalort.org
Thu May 31 08:13:56 PDT 2012

Le 31 mai 2012 à 17:06, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

>>> However, netcdf-fortran +universal fails at configure:
>>> :info:configure checking for gcc... /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.5
>>> :info:configure checking whether the C compiler works... no
>>> :info:configure configure: error: in `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_science_netcdf-fortran/netcdf-fortran/work/netcdf-fortran-4.2':
>>> :info:configure configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>>>
>>> Does MacPorts gcc have the capability to make fat executables ?
>>
>> FSF gcc does not support "-arch" flags,
>
> I should add that MacPorts should know not to supply "-arch" flags to compilers that don't support it, so I don't know why "C compiler cannot create executables" here. The config.log should have more info.

Attached is the full main.log and the config.log files.

Apparently, "-arch" flag is passed to gcc-mp-4.5:
configure:3818: /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.5 -pipe -O2 -fno-common -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -I/opt/local/include -DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran -L/opt/local/lib -arch x86_64 -arch i386 conftest.c  >&5
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-arch"
configure:3822: $? = 1
configure:3860: result: no

I've been searching the documentation to learn what "muniversal portgroup" was, without much success so far.
Can you point me to the right place ?
Does this imply some rewritting of the portfile ?
Or can it be passed as command-line options ?

Thank you for your help,

Julien