Universal netcdf-fortran

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Thu May 31 12:45:54 PDT 2012

Salut !

>> I should add that MacPorts should know not to supply "-arch" flags to compilers that don't support it, so I don't know why "C compiler cannot create executables" here. The config.log should have more info.
>
> I've been searching the documentation to learn what "muniversal portgroup" was, without much success so far.
> Can you point me to the right place ?
> Does this imply some rewritting of the portfile ?
> Or can it be passed as command-line options ?

Muniversal is a portgroup, that is to say it defines additional variables and procedures that every port member of the group undergo while being build. More specifically, muniversal causes ports to be split in two (or more) versions, e.g. i386 and x86_64, that are compiled separately and then gathered together using lipo during the "destroot" phase.

But unfortunately, in the case of netcdf-fortran, it does not work. I’ll see if we can use the wrappers I designed for py-numpy.

Bonne soirée, ciao !
Vincent