Python Imaging Library PIL and Imaging.h

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Thu Nov 1 05:48:57 PDT 2012

Hello all!

I am trying to compile skencil from sources, which is written in Python and requires the PIL.

Although I have installed python 2.4 (as default) and the package "py24-pil",  I found that inside the packages there is no such file as Imaging.h

Any idea where should I find it?

I believe I could indeed download the PIL sources and get it from there (as well as any other similar required files form this package), but this doesn't look like a clean solution for me.

What do you think?