FreeBSD partition

Stapleton, Steven J. (James) stapleton.41 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 14 03:30:59 PST 2012

> without any polemic, i does not understand why OS X
> cannot mount (at least "RDONLY" a ufs partition...

As an avid FreeBSD user, I don't think I've found any way to mount it, even RO on Linux or Windows either, although there's options for ext[2-4] on Windows, and a whole slew of other on Linux. I think it amounts to the relatively low popularity of FreeBSD on the desktop market (where you'll see dual booting). It's a shame, but rather understandable. Nobody's found it worth the effort to port to other OSes. If I had the skill, I certainly would.

-Jim Stapleton