py27-pygrib installation failure

Fielding, Eric J (3242) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 15 08:28:02 PST 2012

We had a group of people trying to install a number of packages with MacPorts, including "py27-pygrib". For some reason, two people in the group were able to get it to install but four others were not. I checked the bug tracking database, and I found that we have the problem already reported in this report from six weeks ago:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/36470

I don't understand why two of our group did not have trouble, but it may depend on the exact versions of Xcode, etc.

Can we just go in and change the code on our machines (to the code suggested in one of the bug comments) and have MacPorts complete the installation or do we have to wait for the port to be updated?

Thanks,
++Eric