Cleaning up Perl mess

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Fri Nov 16 12:24:15 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Jeremy Lavergne
<jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:
>> I cut the sentence short here and makes no sense. What I meant to say

[...]

>> to fix it so that is what I'm asking: Is there a way to increase the
>> verbosity or something that would tell me exactly what binaries it's
>> referring to ???
>
> Using -d (debug) outputs more verbosely than just -v (verbose) which is more than nothing at all which is more than -q (quiet). You can rerun `sudo port -d rev-upgrade` to see more output.
>
> If the missing files are coming from port's database, then you should be able to ask what installed the file:
> port provides /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/darwin-multi-2level/auto/Net/Libproxy/Libproxy.dylib

OK. That should help but now it seems to have gotten fixed after I
upgraded all my ports. If it comes up again I will post how I get it
fixed.

I still don't understand very well how MacPorts layers the older
versions of stuff. In other words, all this happened when I upgraded
Perl. I work with Catalyst so I had tons of CPAN modules I had to
re-install on the new Perl and just wanted to delete the old ones but
the old Perl was still installed (yet not active). I accidentally
deleted some CPAN modules of that older version of Perl that was still
installed, and that's when all hell broke loose. I tried removing the
older version of Perl but it didn't help either. Now it seems to have
fixed itself.

Thanks again,

--
Alejandro Imass