Cleaning up Perl mess

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Nov 16 12:48:10 PST 2012

Maybe the guide helps? http://guide.macports.org/#internals.images

> In other words, all this happened when I upgraded
> Perl. I work with Catalyst so I had tons of CPAN modules I had to
> re-install on the new Perl and just wanted to delete the old ones but
> the old Perl was still installed (yet not active).

So, if you want to upgrade everything, `port upgrade outdated` would probably work for you.

If you have a bunch of modules that you installed yourself (not with macports) then you'll have to deal with them yourself as well.

Since Catalyst uses tons and tons of modules, you might find it 'easier' to use perlbrew (and/or local::lib) to manage the perl install you are using for Catalyst outside of macports.

--
Daniel J. Luke