error trying to install p5.12-locale-gettext

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:18:18 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2012, at 18:12, Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Did all that.  I then did chown -R myuser /opt/local then did install
> and it worked (with no sudo).
>
> Wait... do you want to use MacPorts as root or as myuser? If as myuser,
> did you compile MacPorts yourself and use the appropriate
> --with-install-user and --with-install-group options?

I want to use macports via normal install, but this is what I end up having
to do to get wxwidgets installed on Lion.

sudo installer -pkg ~/Downloads/MacPorts-2.1.2-10.7-Lion.pkg -target
LocalSystem
sudo chown -R myusername /opt/local
port install p5.12-locale-gettext

remove # in front of build_arch i386
sed -i '' -e 's/#build_arch/build_arch/g'
/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf

port install python27
sudo port -f activate python27
# optional line below
# port select --set python python27
port install wxwidgets

# put # back in front of build_arch
sed -i '' -e 's/build_arch/#build_arch/g'
/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf

wes